Sunday, March 28, 2010

Trip- day 1

I just got back from California. Each day was full of activities and outward centered activities. The first day I got up at 4 in the morning and was a bit irritable at my husband, which, poor guy doesn't deserve, but I always get that way when I am anxious about what I am doing. We said good-by at that choke-point at the Little Rock Airport, and then I went through the security checkpoint. I needed three buckets for all my things. I also had to take off my shoes. I felt like I was getting ready to go to prison. Then I bought breakfast and talked to a man who was a salesman and also played Santa. I talked to him until it was time to go on the flight. The first flight was very light in passengers. I talked to the person next to me and he helped to calm my nerves. *I figured out I hadn't flown since 9-11. I remember being able to see the pilot. Then at the Chicago airport, I found the Red Carpet Club and chilled out there a bit--again I could have free snacks and drinks, until time to find my next connection (this was in Chicago.) I did not have a seat mate on this flight, which was actually nice. I received a chicken sandwich with a slightly wilted salad. The sandwich was tasty. On the flights, I had the option of having whatever I wanted, and as much as I wanted. (I was flying first class.) I basically drank orange juice and ginger ale. More tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment